I remember when I was a first year student I asked several times the following question to my second year peers "does it keep being so intense?" The answer was always “no way”.
They fooled me!
Well, I do believe that for students that are sponsored or for students that want to go back to the company they interned, school gets lighter – even more for people that want to take the minimum credit amount. But for most of the people that are still trying to figure things out, second year recruiting along with intense classes and trying to have a social life can be tough!
To illustrate this, I decided to share one version of my week’s agenda, believe it, it is true:
- Thu: morning classes + 20hr travel to Brazil
- Fri: from the airport to company A for 3hrs of final interviews + wedding party
- Sat: party recovery + spending time with family + dinner with friends + recovery sleep
- Sun: homework + flight back to Boston
- Mon: home after 15hr travel + eat and rest + homework and exam study
- Tue: full day of classes + chosen to be the CEO of the class and present in front of peers (including the CEO from the case) my strategy approach + Google’s Eric Schmidt’s presentation + exam
- Wed: morning class + flight to NY + welcome event of company B
- Thu: final interviews for company B + flight to Miami
- Fri: final interviews for company C + flight back to Boston
In a nutshell, 1 week = 13,000 miles traveled + 4 cities + 3 final interviews + 3 homework assignments + 1 exam + 1 time being the CEO…. Yep, this is as good as it gets.