Core is over.
Wow – I can’t believe a semester has come and gone.
For many, this marks ¼ completed towards their Sloan degree. For me, I’m halfway done with my graduate education (I’m a dual degree with the Harvard Kennedy School of Government)
So, how was ‘Da Core’? It was intense – there’s a lot of moving parts, team projects, individual deliverables, staying involved with ‘hobby’ clubs, but also in professional clubs all while building lasting friendships. So, there’s a lot – but it’s quite amazing (sink or swim, right?)
I wanted to highlight some of the highlights of my first semester (I limited myself to five so I wouldn’t bore you).
- Turning in my last exam for - 15.010 Economic Analysis for Business Decisions. We had three exams over a two-week period and by the third one, I was running on fumes! A lot to absorb over the semester in terms of contents.
- Advising a global micro-financing company on how they can empower mid-level managers as the organization evolves with my core team
- C-Functions: We had some awesome ones this semester, everything from the Sloan Women In Management (SWIM) to Korean Night. This is the Promo for the Latin C-Function.
- Learning some really geeky stuff. In our Data, Models and Decision class we learned about Linear Optimization – totally geeky and awesome new tool for making optimal decisions. Quite amazing.
- Team building: I really enjoyed having some awesome team building experiences with my core team. During orientation week we went out to the Warren Center, we went to Cape Cod for a weekend and most recently had a fun team dinner (sponsored and subsidized by Sloan).
And here's a picture visualizing #1 on this list (can you spot me?!?)
This is a photo of the Indian Cohort after our last final. We attempted to wear Yellow and Black to match our Indian Ocean flag…
This was a semester full of experiences that will last a lifetime. If you are reading this, it means you are interested in attending Sloan. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, this is a great, fun, challenging and supportive place to learn and push yourself to new heights.